Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Jacob had school this morning, nothing out of the ordinary these days, except that this was the first school day that was also garbage day. I was dreading the fight it would be to get him to go to school when he realized there would be a chance he missed the garbage man. I was pleasantly surprised when there was no argument when it was time to leave. There was still discussion about the garbage and all it entails, but no freak out.

It seems ridiculous, but it was a huge relief that I didn't have to fight him over this, let's just say he is highly opinionated about the garbage. My relief was a little short lived, however.

I spent most of my Jacob free morning watching Parker run to the window when he heard what he thought was the garbage truck, pretending to be interested in all the garbage cans he could see on the street, and reading one Jacob's trash books over and over. That's right friends, I just might have another one. When we told Jacob he needs to be an example to Parker, this is NOT what we had in mind.

3 comments:

Maggs said...

my oh my--aren't you lucky! I'm just glad you are back blogging. i missed you. Did you know that I'm working at AF Jr.? HA HA...it's great fun.

lmhiserman said...

Ahh Sara. Aren't you lucky!?! And, here we thought Parker was going to like sports. There could still be time. All you have to do is get him out of the house every garbage day so he doesn't see the garbage man. Oh, and keep him away from all garbage cans, trash, garbage movies and toys. That shouldn't be too difficult to do in your house. Good luck is all I can say!

Dj, MeLisa & Kanyon said...

Hey good to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words. As far as what the future might bring. All I can say is invest in type writers. I know it sounds crazy and everything, but trust me, I was right about you moving to CA.