Friday, August 29, 2008

Already

Jacob is in Kindergarten! Yesterday was his first day of school and we all survived. He was moving a little faster that morning, getting in the car and buckled before the rest of us were in the garage. He even had a little extra bounce in his step as we walked towards the school. I kind of laughed at this and asked him if he was excited. He replied, "Nope, just nervous."
When it was time to go into the classroom he was a little apprehensive to let me leave, but reluctantly, he finally did.

Jamie had meetings in Redding (just below the Oregon border) the day before and the day of Jacob's first day. He couldn't stand to miss it though, so he drove home late the night before, came with us to school, and then headed straight back. What a dad!

I was anxious to hear how Jacob's morning went. I stood around with the other parents waiting the arrival of our new Kindergartners, when I see my son with a goofy expression marching towards me. I knew he had a good day.



Later when he called his dad to tell him how his first day went, he told him, "It was a little scary, but pretty great." We are excited for Jacob and all of his adventures, both scary and great, that lie ahead. Mostly, I just can't believe that I am a parent of a school age child, already.

3 comments:

Michael Larsen said...

Sara, enjoy this time, it goes by *so* fast. I remember like it was yesterday seeing Nicholas go to Kindergarten. LAst Thursday, he had his first day of JUNIOR HIGH! I am not old enough to have a kid in junior high... oh wait a minute, yes I am (LOL!).

lindsee said...

Sara its a crazy life, but an amazing one all in the same. It was just yesterday that we were sitting in my basement eating del-taco watching the movies, and soon it will be our kids. Hopefully they will have good friends like I had. Miss ya girl!

Erickson Family said...

Isn't it so crazy watching them head off to kindergarten? I can't believe how fast the time flies by. It's like I am a young person trapped in an old womens body ;) LOL