Sunday, August 3, 2008

Utah Report

We were in Utah a few weeks ago because we needed a Grandma fix. We always have a great time. My sister and her family live there and Jacob loves that he gets to play with cousins too.
We went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. Jacob made a mold a of a T-Rex tooth, build canyons in the sand, and ended with a dinosaur dig, good times.

I got together with few friends from high school, me, Maggs, Missy, and Lindsee. We went to lunch at an old favorite and then took the kids to the pool. We only had an afternoon, but it was fun to catch up.
The town I grew up in had a celebration each year of the city and we ended up being there for the festivities. We missed the parade, but a favorite of mine was always the carnival. It was fun to be there and take the boys. I had my nieces to go on the "big" rides with me.
Grandma (my mom) even read a bedtime story to everyone one night (Jacob made sure he had the best seat).
Just before we headed for the airport, we went up to the canyon for lunch. We roasted hot dogs, made s'mores, the whole nine.
It was a really fun trip, just not quite long enough.

2 comments:

Erickson Family said...

It was so much fun to have you visit and catch up on old times. Next time I fly past your house I will definately call!! ;)

Maggs said...

i love jacob's face on the carousel...like he would rather be anywhere else but there!