Sunday, September 7, 2008

Parker's First Cookie


Tonight Parker was able to enjoy a chocolate chip cookie with the rest of the family. There was an article in a recent BYU Magazine that talked about a mom that created an allergen free cookbook after discovering her daughters numerous allergies (thank you to the friends and family that thought of us and guided us to the article). The cookbook is Sophie Safe Cooking and it has a lot of great basic recipes. Parker can now have pancakes, muffins, cookies, and much more. All the stuff I thought he would never get.
Thank goodness we are here together and we benefit from each others experiences. Like Emily Hendrix that spent hours and hours testing recipes. There are so many moms like me whose burden she eased a little.

5 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so glad you got the book. It is really hard getting kids to eat without having to add allergies too the mix. So happy for you and Parker.

Maggs said...

yea! I am so glad that you were able to find something that doesn't make him sick.

spyderette said...

hooray for cookies! but what's really on everyone's mind is...how did the hypo-allergenic cookies TASTE?

April Kennedy said...

Hey Sara...love your blog...hope you don't mind that I added yours to my list! Had a great weekend and loved getting to know you. I have a special little guy also...not allergies but he has special needs...I understand the constant worrying that goes along with his special spirit. I always remember that I am not alone in raising him...my Heavenly Father is there always to support and strengthen me! I rely on him heavily at times. So happy Parker could enjoy his first cookie!

Ronna said...

Hey,
You'll probably have to start sending some of those cookies my way since I always make you bring Parkers food to our house. Plus, I just want to try them for myself. We are so glad to have you guys for neighbors/school pals/and friends. See ya tomorrow!
Ronna