Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The rest of our trip

I even made it to a wedding in between beach trips. My darling nephew (he is the oldest child of my oldest sister) got married in the Nauvoo temple and all of my siblings, except one older brother, was there. It was an almost perfect two days! My sister and I jumped on a plane early Thursday morning and flew to St. Louis. We drove up to Nauvoo and spent a couple of hours enjoying the history and sights, especially because we were both kid free.

This is Trevor and his cute, new wife, Shadow. Yes, Shadow. The darling one in red is my oldest sister, LeAnne, and this is her family. She has five kids and now a daughter-in-law -- crazy!

This was our ride. We rented a Spyder and it was a ton of fun. We even had truck drivers honking at us. It was perfect convertible weather.
The Nauvoo temple quickly became a favorite. There is so much history and it has a unique beauty. I gained a new appreciation for the early Saints and all that they sacrificed.
This is me with my three big sisters! They are each different and amazing and I love them. L to R (which also happen to be oldest to youngest) LeAnne, Cynth, Lauren, and me.
That's my cute mom in the middle and this is what we did A LOT! Just laugh.

It was so fun to be with my family and just enjoy them. We are all spread coast to coast and it kind of sucks. We just hung out the rest of Thursday as people starting rolling in. The ceremony was Friday morning and then we had the wedding lunch. From there we said our good-byes, made a quick stop at Carthage Jail, and then it was back to the airport (with a quick stop to shop first, of course). We got back to Virginia late, late on Friday night, I slept at Lauren's and then headed off to join Jamie and crew Saturday morning.

2 comments:

meagan said...

I love seeing pictures of your family. Your trips looks great. I'm anxious to hear more about the Nauvoo temple. Did you pick out a new set of wheels yet?

Maggs said...

holy cow! i'm dying at your photos! your nieces and nephews are so grown up and darling! WOW--how come all your sisters went curly...is it natural? they look great!