Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another gem from Jacob

A few days before Father's Day, the boys and I were in the car discussing what we should get Dad. Jacob said it should be something he doesn't already have and never tried. I agreed and was pleased that he was already becoming a thoughtful gift giver. I asked him if he had any ideas, he did. I was interested to hear what he had obviously been thinking about that Dad didn't already have and never tried, when all I hear is, "How about a jackhammer?"

All I could do was laugh and say, "You're right, Dad doesn't have one of those." We talked about when you get a gift for someone, it should be something they don't have, as well as something they would be able to use and enjoy. We went with an ipod instead.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

The iPod was a great 2nd choice, although the jackhammer would have been nice. Maybe next year...