Monday, February 25, 2008

The Party

Parker's 1st birthday was a lot of fun. We went with a sports theme and everything came together really well. I kept it pretty low key, especially compared to Jacob's shark party. We had the party in the afternoon and just served some snacks. I had pictures of Parker on the walls along with different kinds of balls. Parker had his own football cake. It turned out cute and was the easiest cake ever!
He enjoyed the cake, although he didn't go to crazy with it.

His guests got a sports cupcake and I made a separate cake for the adults.
Along with the toys in the house, I set up some games in the backyard. There was baby bottle bowling, soccer, and (pictured below) tossing an inflatable football through a ring.

I really appreciated all that came over to help us celebrate. Everyone seemed to have a good time, and I'm pretty sure the birthday boy did too. Not that he will remember it anyway.

1 comment:

mindi said...

cute cupcakes! i am a HUGE cupcake fan. i LOVE the picture with cake all over his face because it sort of looks like a baby-goatee.