Friday, August 20, 2010

Our trip back east ... there are a lot of pictures!

We spent about 10 days back east at the end of July/beginning of August. As always, we had a great time and saw lots of family.

We started in Virginia for a few days with Jamie's parents and brother and family. Then we headed to Pennsylvania to my brother's to take part in my newest nephew's blessing. We then went to my sister's beach house and then back to Virginia for a couple more days before heading home.

This is my nephew Max holding Emma.

Here is Elliot James, the man of the hour. He looks like an adult baby, not an old man, just an adult. He was so cute and little. He was a very good boy for his blessing.


Jacob and Parker playing with their cousin Isaac. It was really nice to see my brother, Doug, and his adorable family. I didn't get pictures of my brother or his girls, but trust me, they were there and it was fun.

This is the Virginia part of the trip.
Jamie's brother, Nate, held Emma and even got her to fall asleep. I thought they both looked quite comfortable, it was pretty cute.

We visited the Udvar-Hazy National Air and Space Museum with Nate, Denys, and the kids. There were lots of cool planes, a space shuttle, even the Enola Gay.

Nate has a fancy camera that he does cool stuff with, including tricked out light saber photography. You can only imagine how much Jacob enjoyed that.

Of course Parker got in on the action too.

The group shot with Jamie's family after church.

Emma and I enjoying their neighborhood pool. We went there just about everyday and loved it.

This is the time spent at my sister Lauren's beach house. It happened to be my birthday so of course there was cake involved. It was a Parker friendly cake and you can see how excited he was that he was going to be able to take part.

We had some gorgeous beach days. My parents were there too which was very fun to get to see both sets of grandparents on the same trip. Lots of hanging out with cousins, digging in the sand, delicious food, with a little outlet shopping on the side. I do love Bethany Beach, DE!

Emma napping in her own beach tent.

Jamie sculpted Jacob into a Lego brick.

The older boys "built" a fire pit behind the house for roasting marshmallows for our s'mores. They were the biggest marshmallows EVER and oh so tasty!

The kids did a pretty good job despite the fact that they didn't go to bed before 10 every night and were up with the sun each morning. There was a fair bit of driving too. We visited 3 states but drove through many more, and they took it all in stride.

Parker had the toughest time. He got a peanut butter cracker, an ear infection, upper respiratory stuff that required breathing treatments (we now own 2 nebulizars) , and his seasonal/dust mite allergy hit him pretty hard too. A trip to the ER, an urgent care clinic, multiple drug stores, and lots of medication later, I was happy to get him home. But, despite Parker's best efforts, we had a really nice visit.

Jacob and Emma watching a little Star Wars on the flight home, Jacob put the headphones on Emma so she wouldn't miss anything. Always the thoughtful big brother.

3 comments:

lmhiserman said...

Dust mite allergy. REALLY? What isn't that kid alleric to? Looks like you had such a fun trip. I'm still waiting to talk to you about it. Maybe we'll catch up before Emma turns one.

Cynthia said...

AWESOME!!! I'm so glad you posted pics! I LOVED seeing everyone. But I think the photo of Emma watching Star Wars was the best!

Larsen's said...

What a great trip! I would love to go there some day, too.

...hey, maybe you can bring me next time? ;)