Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of School

Well...here we go again.

Jacob started 2nd grade last week (hence the two fingers, that was the best I could get out of him). He got the teacher that he wanted and is in a 2/3 split class. There are only 9 2nd graders and the rest are 3rd, we'll see how that goes.

We got there in time to walk with our friends from Kindergarten.

A quick shot before we were shuttled away.

Parker started today. He could not have been more excited! He's been asking me for days if he was going to school today. A few days ago when I could finally say, "Parker, you go to school in 2 days!" He answered, "I go-a school tomorrow next week?!?!"
They do group snack at his preschool, but because of his allergies, he just takes his own everyday. Which means we had to go get him his own lunch box. Again, could not have been more excited! He was carrying it around all morning and loading it with everything he could find.

In the classroom checking stuff out before they started. They weren't letting parents in, so we have crappy pictures through the window.

This is when I picked him up. Don't be fooled by his face, that was just because he wasn't sure about who was taking the picture for us. He told me about going outside, singing the monkey song during circle time, how much of his snack he ate...way more than I got out of Jacob when I'd pick him up.

So far so good for both of them. I already don't like helping Jacob with his homework because he has the attention span of a gnat and I'm terrified about letting Parker out of my control because I dread getting "the call" that he ate something he shouldn't have.

Other than that, they are off to a great start and I am so proud of them for how well they handle facing their new situations.

*An update on Parker and his asthma: he is doing better. I take him into the Dr. tomorrow to see if we need to continue the breathing treatments every 4 hours around the clock, or if we can lengthen them out a little. We have rescheduled the appt at the allergy clinic for next Tuesday and we go to the pulmonologist in few weeks to begin figuring out his asthma plan.

Thank you so much for all of the continued prayers and well wishes. It really does mean so much to me when people are going out of their way to check in and see how he is doing. We'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Jade said...

Sara,
if you need a breathing machine, (can't remember what they are called)I have one you can have. Our dr. gave it to me when sean had a bad cold. Only used it once and it is just sitting at our house.

Cynthia said...

Wow! They both look so big--but especially Jacob! He is a little man-child. That is so fun! What an exciting time for everyone!