Monday, April 7, 2008

Jacob's First Date

This is Chelsea. She is our babysitter, our friend, and Jacob's first date. (This actually happened about a month ago I'm just getting around to posting it.)
Apparently one evening after Jamie and I had left Chelsea with the boys to go out, Jacob was sad because "he wanted to go on a date like Mom and Dad". Chelsea said she would take him out and he was stoked. They decided to go out for ice cream one afternoon.
The day finally came. After I picked up Jacob from school, we headed to the flower shop to pick up a flower for Chels. I told him it was a kind thing to do and Chelsea would love it, plus it is never too soon to teach thoughtfulness. (He settled on a Gerber daisy, I thought it was an excellent choice.)
She picked him up after he finished his lunch and they headed out. Just before leaving I reminded Jacob that he needed to be a gentleman and open the doors for her. His father is an excellent example of that, but a little extra reminding never hurts (for either one).
They went to Baskin Robins and had ice cream, picked up her sister, Lyndsey, from school, went with both girls to get a Jamba, and then played at their house until I finished my stuff and I picked him up. He had a great time and I was grateful to Chelsea for taking him out. We will certainly miss her when she goes back to school next week!
*Before the "but he's not 16" comments start flying, let's step back, get a little perspective, and realize he's 4 and his babysitter took him for an ice cream cone.

4 comments:

mindi said...

what a nice babysitter and a sweet hair style!

Maggs said...

That is so sweet. Jonah still thinks that I am his girlfriend...he tells me all the time that I can't be married to papi anymore because he's going to marry me when he grows up. What do you say to that? William calls him Oedipal all the time!

Chelsea said...

Jacob is a lovely date...if only some of the guys in Idaho were like him....

and yes...he held open every door for me...what a gentleman! :)

Larsen's said...

How fun! I love the flower - what a little gentleman!