Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It took 13 years, but it happened ...


A couple of weeks ago, I was going into Pacifica down Sharp Park Road (a very curvy, steep road) and got pulled over at the bottom. Allegedly, I was going too fast and was issued my first ticket.

I must admit, as I was pulling away from the cop I thought, "Well that sucked, but I did make it to 29 before getting my first ticket." Mind you, it was not my first time being pulled over or being in an accident that I may or may not have caused. I guess I should have taken off my sunglasses and batted my eyelashes a few times, then maybe I'd have escaped another one. Either way, I now have the joy of on-line traffic school in my future.

It did make me wonder, how old were you when you got your first ticket, speeding or otherwise?

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Haha good ole online traffic school. I did that when i got my ticket...then proceeded to do Lisa's for her. My dad just got a ticket and now im being forced to do his...why not just do yours for you to? I'm pretty good at it now...ace every test...just ask lisa :)

Ambyr said...

16 for both...

Larsen's said...

21!

Bummer for you. That darn cop... Didn't he have anything better to do?! Catch some real criminals!

Angie said...

Let's see, I was 27 when I got first ticket. Both Sterling & I got one at the same time that week so we did the actual going to traffic school for half a day.

Chelsea is getting good at online traffic school courses.

Maggs said...

well...i think i was only 16...didn't even make it a full year. my mom let me drive her bright red lumina around town and it was a police magnet. i never batted my eyelashes or cried either. i think i get a ticket every 3 years and i've been to traffic school--in person about 3 times! nice record eh?

Missy said...

Wow...I wish I had that luck...my first ticket was at 16...I believe I was going 90 in a 40 or something...luckly I wasn't hauled off to jail or had my license taken away. I was also the victim of photo cop...I'm so glad we don't have those in SL anymore! Congrats and welcome to the club!

M

Beka said...

Uh, 16...about three months after getting my license. Got it over with early on.