Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Difference a Year Makes

This is Jacob last year on his first day of school in the Junior class at preschool.

This is Jacob today on his way to his first day in the Senior class.

He had a great first day. He knew a few of the kids, but there were a lot of new ones because we changed from TTH to MWF. (A huge thanks to Lisa for making it possible for the change. There were lots that wanted to switch to MWF, but there were not many spots. I was in the hospital having Parker when the form was given to the parents for fall registration. It was first come, first serve. Lisa called me after she picked up Jacob and offered to fill out the form and turn it right back in. Because she was so speedy, we got right in. Yeah Lisa!) I was very proud of Jacob, even though he was a little nervous because there were so many people and things were a little different, he was a champ and went in without hesitation. At this point I'm not sure who is more excited that school has started, me or Jacob.

1 comment:

lmhiserman said...

Isn't it so great when school starts? You are going to love your 3 days of him in school. Well, maybe not because I'm not there to play with. Darn me.

Jacob, congrats on your first day. Hope you're getting ready for your birthday. You have to call me and let me know what you want. Tell Miss Diane and your other teachers hi for William and I! Oh, and now you'll have to come up here every Thursday so you can see the garbage man, since you'll be in school on Fridays.