Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sweet Relief



I am finally finished! I started last week and just finished tonight. In the meantime I have ignored my family, friends, house, and my responsibilities in general. Sorry 'bout that. I'm sure my boys will be glad to finally have me back.




We got into the spirit of the final book and went to one of the many, Harry Potter parties at Barnes and Noble. We dressed Jacob up as Malfoy (which consisted of his gray dress pants, a white button down shirt, his green soccer tie, his dad's black t-shirt tied around his neck, and about a cup of gel in his hair) and headed off to meet up with our friends, the Hisermans.



Jacob and William (Malfoy and Potter) had their picture taken as part of the festivities. Another event we enjoyed was the costume contest, which Jacob won. He won his category of "Best Wizard under the age of 13" for which he received a golden snitch and some stickers. Then he won "Best in Show" and received a $25 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble, which he promptly spent a portion of on a shark book.


Even Parker got in on Potter-mania, trying on the glasses his brother picked up at the party. All in all, it was a fun night and I am relieved to no longer be consumed by a 17 year old wizard.

No comments: