Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Parties

We had so many fun parties for Halloween this year (I definitely got my money's worth of the boys' costumes). We had our church party the Saturday before which was a lot fun. I may be a little biased though because I was in charge of it.
Two days before Halloween, we headed to Napa to party with our friends. Here is Jacob, Charlie, Maddie, and some little boy. (Sorry about the terrible picture, I did well to get them to hold still this long.) Lisa had planned a really great afternoon. The kids had a costume parade then came back for a few snacks. There were lots of games and treats. We stayed late and had dinner with our friends we miss so much. We had a great time, right up to the point the next morning when I realized I left the boys' costumes in Napa. Lisa was kind enough to meet me in Vallejo for the hand off. Thanks again, Lis. You saved Halloween.
Jacob had his class party that was really cute. Way too much food and a costume parade on the playground led by the local high school's marching band. The lovely butterfly is one of his teachers, Mrs. Cooper.

We also managed to squeeze in the Goblin Grotto put on by the city the night before. We went with our friend Ronna and her family. There were lots of cute games to play and they even had cardboard fronts to represent lots of the businesses in town. Doors had been cut into them for the kids to trick or treat.
Guess which one was Jacob's favorite.


We had a busy week and I'm not sure that we have all recovered, but it was definitely fun!


1 comment:

Larsen's said...

Awwww, Goblin Grotto - how fun!