Saturday, October 6, 2007

What's Wrong With This Picture?



If you are like most normal people, nothing really jumps out at you when you look at these pictures other than why in the world am I looking at garbage-related pictures. However, if you are a 4-year old obsessed with garbage, then you will instantly notice that gigantic problem and be bothered by it. These pictures are part of one of Jacob's books where they line up a couple of occupations with the machines they drive (farmer/tractor, firefighter/firetruck, etc.) and you are supposed to match them up. When Jamie was reading the book to Jacob before bedtime the other day, Jacob matched the garbage man up with the garbage truck (of course) and then said "but that garbage man doesn't go with that garbage truck. That is a dumpster garbage truck and the garbage man has a silver garbage can that goes in a rear loader garbage truck." Wow. What do you say to that? Scary enough, he is right. Freaky, but right.

9 comments:

Melly Mel said...

Oh man I miss that mini-trash man.

Maggs said...

You really should try enrolling your son in soccer or something...his hobby is beginning to take on a weird extreme! -joking

Jules said...

Laughing hard! I LOVE the quirkiness of this boy...so much like his MAMA! ;) Darling.

Chelsea said...

So there was like a parade of garbage trucks the other day...I don't know why, but I thought of Jacob...

miss ya
shhhhhhhh!

Josie said...

nothing gets by that kid. have you had him tested with mensa? i bet he'd be the first four year old inaugurated.

Jules said...

PS...Today I saw a garbage truck and thought "I think that's a rear-loader." And my next thought was "Little Jacob has NO idea how many people are affected by his hobby!" :) Funny.

meagan said...

LOVE IT! I think Jacob is a genius.

Jen J said...

Save this story for his resume someday. I'm so sure the garbagemen upstairs will be impressed!

Missy said...

I'm laughing so hard that I think I'm going to....

I love that your little boy is so into garbage! That is AWESOME!

Missy